Our clients' needs drive everything we do whether we provide full scope representation through The Law Offices of Malissa Church or limited scope representation through LegalLight.
- High-quality estate planning documents for simple estates can be written in clear, easily understood language and provided at an affordable price.
- All estate planning document should be written in regular English and not in Legalese.
- You are investing time and money in the estate planning process so your end product – the documents – should reflect your wishes in a clear and concise manner.
- Wills, Powers of Attorney and Living Wills are among the most important legal documents in our lives. They can also be the most frightening because they force us to face our individual mortality.
- Because of this, I intend to draft them so clients can understand them without the benefit of a legal interpreter. Clients should be able to pick up these documents, read, and know their desires and last wishes are clearly, directly, and accurately reflected in the documents.
Depending on your specific needs, I offer two different estate planning options.
Basic Services - LegalLight
If you want a simple, basic Will, Power of Attorney, and Living Will the limited scope services offered by LegalLight should meet your needs.
LegalLight offers representation for the limited purpose of preparing these basic estate planning documents. All services are offered on a fixed fee per document and are competitive with other on-line services. However, with LegalLight, you will get individualized attention and focus of a South Carolina lawyer.
More Advanced Services – Law Offices of Malissa Church
If you would like a Will plus other instruments, such as trusts, your needs would be best met through the full-scope, comprehensive representation services through the Law Offices of Malissa Church. Even with fuller scope representation, my pricing remains competitive and could involve fixed fee or hourly billing depending on your specific needs.
I also offer planning on Medicaid spend-down and other legal issues related to planning for incapacity. I can guide you through the process protecting you loved ones as they deal with dementia, Alzheimers, Parkinsons and all other neurological issues. These should be incorporated with your overall estate plan if your individual circumstances require it.